July - 29

Hadith of the Day
Hadith: Jabir ibn 'Abdullah Radiyallahu 'anhuma narrated that he accompanied Rasulullah ﷺ in an expedition towards Najd; and when Rasulullah ﷺ was returning from this expedition, he was with him. At noon, they reached a valley, full of thorny trees. Rasulullah ﷺ dismounted and the people dispersed amongst the trees, seeking shade. Rasulullah ﷺ rested under a tree and hung his sword on it. We slept for a while when Rasulullah ﷺ suddenly called us, and there was a Beduin disbeliever with him. He said: This (Beduin) drew my sword at me while I was asleep: So I woke up, while the naked sword was in his hand and he said to me: Who can save you from me? I said to him three times: Allah! Rasulullah ﷺ did not punish him and sat down. (Bukhari: 2910)
Share on: Telegram | WhatsApp